NEXT BEGINNERS 0 – 10KM PROGRAMME STARTS IN SEPTEMBER 2018.
Often runners and walkers, who love their sport, wonder if there is any advantage to joining a club. They tend to take part in the odd races with temporary licenses, participating in plain clothes. When deliberating whether or not to join a club – the points to consider are:
- You run with people, train with people and make friends for life;
- You have official club colours to run in. Importantly, you BELONG and have an identity!
- If you are not a club member, you always have to purchase temporary licenses
- You get a license number that entitles you to participate in any event in the country without having to buy temporary licenses;
- The temporary licenses could cost you more than annual club membership;
- Membership entitles you to participate in all club activities, from time trials, club runs, social events, etc.
Having said that, we understand that you may not necessarily want to do any races but merely want to keep fit, so join us for our regular training sessions that occur every Tuesday/Thursday evening and Saturday mornings.
The beginner training group is led by experienced runners / walkers from the club and beginner members are supplied with training programmes and / or advice. There are beginners groups for runners and walkers.
If you require further information, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you to all the supportive Coaches on the Beginners programme. It has changed my life. I have met so many amazing people. Spartan Harriers Family you rock!!!Nazlie M
Am I a runner? Or am I beginner? Or am I a beginner runner? None of that matters really because I pitch up and I move.
Am I a runner? Or am I beginner? Or am I a beginner runner? None of that matters really because I pitch up and I move. I may move slowly, but I move. I enrolled in the Spartans beginners running program in September 2016. So pretty much where you are all now. I had...read more
Dear Spartie-In-The-Making How I went from 0-10km Beginner to Spartan The first step I first signed up for this Beginners Program in March 2016. Mainly because I was completely inactive at the time and I really wanted to do something. I just wanted to...read more