NEXT BEGINNERS 0 – 10KM PROGRAMME STARTS ON 02 SEPTEMBER 2019.
- Registration will be at the clubhouse on Wednesday 28 August at 6pm. ( Download the Registration Form Here )
- Cost – R350 Cash only. (includes graduation race entry and temp license.)
- BANKING DETAILS: STANDARD BANK BRANCH CODE: 051001, ACCOUNT NUMBER 07 203 456 4, ACCOUNT NAME: SPARTAN HARRIERS CLUB (REFERENCE: BEGIN followed by your name.)
- Numbers are limited, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.
- Programme will start on Monday 02 September for Runners – training runs will be on a Monday (6pm), Wednesday (6pm) and Weekends (7am)
- Programme will start on Tuesday 03 September for Walkers – training will be on Tuesdays (5h45pm), Thursday (5h45pm) and Weekends (7am)
Often runners and walkers, who love their sport, wonder if there is any advantage to joining a club. They tend to take part in the odd races with temporary licenses, participating in plain clothes. When deliberating whether or not to join a club – the points to consider are:
- You run with people, train with people and make friends for life;
- You have official club colours to run in. Importantly, you BELONG and have an identity!
- If you are not a club member, you always have to purchase temporary licenses
- You get a license number that entitles you to participate in any event in the country without having to buy temporary licenses;
- The temporary licenses could cost you more than annual club membership;
- Membership entitles you to participate in all club activities, from time trials, club runs, social events, etc.
Having said that, we understand that you may not necessarily want to do any races but merely want to keep fit, so join us for our regular training sessions that occur every Tuesday/Thursday evening and Saturday mornings.
The beginner training group is led by experienced runners / walkers from the club and beginner members are supplied with training programmes and / or advice. There are beginners groups for runners and walkers.
If you require further information, please feel free to contact us.
Am I a runner? Or am I beginner? Or am I a beginner runner? None of that matters really because I pitch up and I move.
Am I a runner? Or am I beginner? Or am I a beginner runner? None of that matters really because I pitch up and I move. I may move slowly, but I move. I enrolled in the Spartans beginners running program in September 2016. So pretty much where you are all now. I had...
Dear Spartie-In-The-Making How I went from 0-10km Beginner to Spartan The first step I first signed up for this Beginners Program in March 2016. Mainly because I was completely inactive at the time and I really wanted to do something. I just wanted to...